Blood Shadows

Blood Shadows - Lindsay J. Pryor

4.5 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book even though it seemed like it took me 'forever' to finish it. It wasn't because I lost interest in the story, it's just my life just got incredibly busy this last week and I couldn't find time to get lost in this wonderful story and finish it... until today :-)

Okay, my review:

This is the first book I've read by this author.
I have to hand it to the her, she had me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how the story would end right until, well - the end.

The writing, story, and characters were great.

Kane Malloy..um WOW!
He's smart, sexy, domineering, loyal, just, and a Master Vampire.
For the last 14 years he's lived and breathed for the justice of his sister's murder, and he will do anything to achieve his goal... even if it means using, malipulating, and destroying Caitlin Parish.

Caitlin Parish is a police officer with a special unit that keeps the peace between the third species and the humans.
Something started hunting her loved ones 14 years ago starting with her father, and then 7 years later her mother.
Seven years have passed since the murder of her mother and now it's coming after her.

For 7 years Caitlin has studied everything she can about Kane.
She will do anything to destory the thing that murdered her parents, even if means seeking the help of Kane Malloy who is considered one the most ruthless criminals in the third species district.

Kane and Caitlin's story has a lot of twists and turns, and when the whole truth comes out it almost destroys Caitlin.

As I mentioned earlier, the reader doesn't know right until the very end what will happen between Kane and Caitlin. I thought this was amazing, because I was engaged and couldn't wait to find out how it would all end.

Great start to a new series, and I look forward to reading the book in the series.