Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) - Kristen Ashley

5 ++ stars to start... and then for the re-read,...and for the re-read after that.. and so on, and so on ....

I would just like to start off by saying that this is one of my favorite Kristen Ashley books (to date)... I have to say 'to date' because each time I read a 'new' KA book, well that one then becomes my new favorite.
I would also like to further say that my 'inner geek' was jumping-for-joy the whole time I was reading this story! The fact that I 'totally got' the Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, and Supernatural quips was AWESOME, and AMAZING!

I can't emphasize how much I ADORED Faye! I loved her shyness, intellect, wisdom, integrity, loyalty, geekiness, and of course her temper...when she loses her temper, watch out!

My two favorite 'Faye rants' are:

The first: When she calls her parents house to talk to her dad, and her mom refuses to put him on the phone. Had me in stitches!

Faye: "Okay, and just so you know, I'm angry but still, if I found you were an unknown model of Cylon, I wouldn't kill you because you're my Mom. But I would find you a habitable planet and dump you there. I'm so angry enough to dump Gaius there with you (personally I would have dumped her with Balthazar, but hey to each his own).... So that tells you just how angry I am at you for not letting me speak my mind to Dad."

The second: When Chace share's his 'dark' with Faye and she gets pissed off at Chace's father on his behalf and compares the situation to Darth Vader and Luke's relationship

photo luke-i-am-your-father.jpg

She then goes on to say,
"And let's just say it's good I'm not a trained Jedi because I'd get my light saber, jump in my T-65 X-wing Starfighter and hightail my ass to Aspen and 'call him out' if I was."

I was literally laughing out loud reading this! PRICELESS!!

And then there's Chace.
Chace's character is tortured and broken. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. His whole life he's associated
love = protection. He sacrifices his life, and his career to protect his mother's fragile mind from his father's discrepancies.. until he gets to the point where He can't 'breathe'.. then he takes a stand for what's right and decides NO MORE!
The town makes him out as a hero, but inside all he sees are his faults, failures, and his weakness for not doing right from the very start.

Faye offers him love, healing, understanding, compassion, acceptance, and most importantly redemption. She see's Chace as a 'hero' and a 'knight in shining armor' and She knew when she was 16 years old that Chace would make her heart race, and she saved herself for him and never let go of that feeling... at the same time Chace knew when he first saw her in the grocery store shopping with a book in her nose that she was who he wanted. Circumstances prevented them from getting together then, but now is there time.

Favorite quote:
"I'll let you in on a secret, honey. The knight who has serious chinks in his armor but never falls is the true hero. That means he's won battles and doesn't waste time polishing his armor so he can good while he rides in parades that are tributes to his glory. He just drags himself back on his steed and keeps right on battling. And if he's the right kind of knight, he never rides alone. The best heroes inspire loyalty. The best heroes keep fighting the good fight, tirelessly, quietly. The best heroes always have scars. If they didn't, the heroine would have nothing to do. It's her job to help the hero let all that stuff go in order that her man can be strong enough to fight on but when he's with her he's free to just 'breathe'."

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVED this story, the writing, the characters, and of course the epilogue!

If your a Kristen Ashley fan or even a fan of kick-ass-alpha males YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED in this story, and You can take that to the bank!

Second read: Oct 13-15, 2012

...better than the first time!!
I paid more attention to Chase's character (which is TOTALLY amazing!), as well as Deck's... and I gotta say, Deck's story is going to be friggn HAWT!! CANNOT. WAIT!!

Third read: September 6-9, 2013

..still one of my "favorite" contemporary romance - chick-lit stories EVER!

I am SO ready to read [b:Jagged|15817361|Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)|Kristen Ashley|/assets/nocover/60x80.png|21544285]...NOW! Better get ready Dorsey! *grin*