Grounded (Up In The Air, #3) - R.K. Lilley I have to wrap my head around this story.

photo thebeastistamed.jpg

3.5 stars

This is the third and final installment in the "Up In The Air" series, and I SOO wanted to LOVE it as much as I did the first two, but unfortunately, I didn't.

Somewhere along the line, I felt the author lost her amazing characters, and instead filled this story with a whole bunch of creative ways (and places) James could f*%K Bianca.

I LOVED James in the first two books, but not so much in this one. In this story he comes across way too obsessive and domineering (more like an extreme stalker or abusive spouse).

For me, BDSM is a relationship between two people (the Dom & Sub) that fulfills their needs. It is consensual, beautiful, and there is absolute trust that there is no abuse. Trust that their wants and needs will be fulfilled and respected without any shame or judgement. I didn't get that feeling from this story, in fact a few scenes in the book made me feel uncomfortable. ** When James put Bianca in the dark room by herself after she met with her half-brother for the first time and then,(still not talking to her) he pierces her nipples.**

The secondary story about Bianca's crazed father only really 'kick-in' in the last couple of chapters of the book.

The ending was really good, and the epilogue was friggen AMAZING, but it was the middle that disheartened me. There was no story, character/relationship building, but....just a LOT of sex. Don't get me wrong, I like reading erotica and BDSM, but this just seemed like 'filler' until the end of the story.

photo contimplating.gif

I wanted more 'guts' in this story.

The WHOLE book should have been AMAZING!!

... and that's what frustrated me the most, this story had SO much potential, but I felt the author dropped the ball I'm sorry say.

photo woodyarrrh.gif