Dragon Actually (The Dragon Kin, #1) - G.A. Aiken

OK.. now I'm kicking myself for not reading this series earlier!

I really enjoy Shelley Laurenston aka G.A. Aiken's writing. This book did not disappoint.
I loved the 'time' or 'era' that this story takes place in. I like that Annwyl (The Bloody) is very 'crass' and has no etiquette whatsoever. She has been raised by men, had to fight like a man to survive, and has to kill her only brother in order to restore justice to her kingdom.
Fearghus (the Dragon) The Destroyer is also just as crass, and stubborn, and irritable, but somehow Annwyl compliments him and makes him a better man/dragon.

..Of course Fearghus' dilemma is that He doesn't know if or how to tell Annwyl that He can 'shift' into a human, and that the 'knight' that has been preparing her for battle against her brother is really him.
And Annwyl's dilemma is that She's falling in love with the Dragon, but 'wants' the knight *wiggles eyebrows*... so she feels like she's betraying the Dragon when she 'sleeps' with the knight, but doesn't think that the Dragon and her are physically compatible.

I really enjoyed the dialogue between the two main characters, and Fearghus' siblings are hilarious!

I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading the next book in the series