Proof by Seduction - Courtney Milan It took me a few chapters to get into this story, but once there I was hooked. The story is about a women who has posed as a fortune teller for 12 years as a means to support herself, rather than being a governess or a mistress. Jenny wants independence and self worth. Gareth is a Marquess, and a scientist who is bent on proving Jenny a fraud, when He discovers the hold she has on his dependent cousin Ned. Jenny has come to genuinely like Ned, and what started out as a means of support when Ned showed up at her door 2 years earlier, has turned into Jenny literally saving Ned's life from depression and suicide.
The story unravels as Jenny makes a prediction as to whom Gareth will marry, and there are 3 tasks that accompany this prediction to prove her supernatural abilities as a fortune teller are real rather than a farce. Through each task we gradually begin to see the 'man' Gareth is under the title of Marquess.
This is the debut novel for Ms. Milan, and it is a wonderful story. I am looking forward to reading more stories from this author.